California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Semana 9 en Kerman


On May 12, 2014 Hermana VanWie shared this letter: 



Querida Familia y Amigos --

Estoy muy feliz que tenia la oportunidad de hablar con ustedes ayer! Los quiero mucho! (I am very happy that I had the opportunity to talk with you yesterday!)  I love you very much. This week has been a good week. It was a slower week than it has been for the past few weeks, but it was still great!


We started out the week by teaching M. He is awesome! We taught about the Plan of Salvation. His little brother also sat in on the lesson and so did his mother. As we taught about the Plan of happiness that God has for us I was so grateful for the opportunity we had to teach them all together--this a plan for families. At the end of the lesson we sang, "I Am a Child of God." What a special spirit was there. I was thrilled as his mother mouthed the words along. This truth--that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father is so important. I felt the Spirit testify to me that we truly are children of Heavenly Father and He loves us! M could also feel this Spirit and is preparing to be baptized the 25th of May. I love this family! They also came to church on Sunday! YAY!!!

I went on an exchange this week with Hermana G as well. We got to meet our companions back at the temple so took the opportunity to take some pictures. Sister G is a great missionary! We found 2 new investigators just doing Harvest Blessings. The Lord truly does place people in our paths. 

We also had another miracle experience this week. We drove up to Fresno to teach G and his family and as we left a little girl named Fatima ran up to us and said, "Pueden orar con mi familia?"(Can you pray with my family?)  We looked at each other being rather confused and proceeded to follow her. As we spoke with her mother, I realized that I had offered a prayer with this family about a month before. However, this little girl remembered me and remembered how she felt and so as soon as she saw us she wanted us to come talk with her family again. She is 5. It is so amazing to me how sensitive children are to the Spirit!

Today as I was studying in Personal Study I was reflecting on Mother's Day and the wonderful mothers that are such great examples in the scriptures. Here were a few of my favorites:

Eve--the mother of all living (Genesis 3:20)

Rebekah--the mother of thousands (Genesis 24)

Mary-- the mother of Jesus (Luke 1; 1 Nephi 11:18; Mosiah 3:8)

The mothers of the stripling warriors--mothers full of faith (Alma 56:47-48; Alma 57:21)

Lucy Mack Smith--the mother of Joseph Smith. She instilled a love of the scriptures and learning in her son and taught him the importance of faith and scripture study.

I am so grateful for the other wonderful mothers throughout the world who trust in God and believe. I'm grateful for all of their hard work and sacrifice to help raise their children in righteous ways. 

          I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Feliz Dia de las Madres! I know the family is ordained of God! I know that we can learn more about our purpose and how to follow Jesus Christ in a Christ centered home than in any other place. How grateful I am for a mother and a father who helped create this home life for me and my brothers. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings us happiness in our lives.

        Que tengan una semana maravillosa! Los quiero mucho!

Con amor,
Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment