California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

Semana 21 en Kerman


On August 5th Hermana VanWie wrote this letter:
Querida Familia y amigos --

This week has been great! We are so grateful it has decided to cool down and that the Lord is preparing people and placing them in our path!

We had the great opportunity to go to the temple today and we had a wonderful experience! I love the temple!

Something that Hermana Jimenez and I have become very aware of throughout this week is that the Lord is always with us. He is so aware of us! And as we do His work, He will always help us. I love what it says in Isaiah 49: 14-16.  14 But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
 15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will not forget thee.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.            

I know that the Lord is always aware of us and as it says in "How Firm a Foundation" He will strengthen us, help us, and cause us to stand. He will never forsake us.       
             We have seen that in our week. We found L again this week! We found her last week, but for some reason had a really hard time finding her again. We finally found her again and she told us that she had read the Introduction to the Book of Mormon and that she remembered something about Joseph Smith. As we talked more and got to know more about her life we discovered that she has talked to missionaries before near San Francisco and had received a blessing before and seen the Restoration video. She told us she had a stroke 2 years ago as well and because of that has forgotten a lot of things. As we taught the Restoration to her the Spirit was very strong and as Hermana Jimenez said the First Vision, I felt very strongly that I should pull out the picture of it even though she was already half way through it. When Hermana Jimenez finished Lupe said, "That's it! That's the picture I remember!" Although she had forgotten a lot, she could still remember the story behind the picture. When we invited her to pray about what we had taught that day, she said she didn't need to because she already knew it was true. She truly is prepared.

This story started on Wednesday. We had just come back from an exchange and Hermana Jimenez and I decided to go do some ATMs.  We ended up getting 3 referrals from a less active and he said that he was going to actually set up an appointment with one of them--his granddaughter. He told us to call him to follow up with him yesterday afternoon. We did so, yet we weren't able to get in touch with him. After reaching the home of a potential, both Hermana Jimenez and I felt like we should just get back in the car and go see him. We did so and when we arrived, his granddaughter had just walked out of the house. We had a wonderful lesson with her and she really wants to learn. Her name is S and she is 9 years old. She really didn't have much of a background on who God is or who Jesus Christ is. As we taught we helped her identify the Spirit. When we asked her to say the prayer she willingly did so and asked us to come back "tomorrow!" She is prepared and really wants to learn. I know that when we follow the impressions of the Spirit, we are where the Lord wants us/needs us to be. Through following the promptings that come, we will see miracles.

I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that His hand is in it. I know that He wants us to return to live with Him again. He has provided the way. This is His church. Thank you for all of the love and support you give me and all the other missionaries! Espero que tengan una semana maravillosa llena de oportunidades para compartir el evangelio!

Los quiero mucho!

Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment