California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

Semana 11 en Kerman


On May 26, 2014, Hermana VanWie shared this letter:
Querida Familia y amigos --

This week has been a busy week!  We had the opportunity to go to the temple on Tuesday and then Wednesday we had Specialized Training. President Gelwix gave a powerful training on the Atonement and the Assistants gave wonderful trainings on how to help others recognize the Spirit, communication, and companionship unity. The departing missionaries were also able to bear testimonies. It was so strange to me to have my companion up there. It made me think about how little time we are on missions and how much change and growth we see in others and in ourselves. It scares me a little when I think of how fast time has flown by! It is true what they say--once you have hit 6 months, everything flies by.

Thursday we had a great lesson with M and prepared him for his interview. Friday, M had his interview. Drum roll please....... he passed with flying colors!!!! He remembered everything! YAY for object lessons! I love teaching with object lessons and interactive activities! He was so excited to get baptized!

We also were working with a less active family this week. I love this part of missionary work!!! They are both in their 20s and we are going back to firming up their testimonies. As we had a lesson with them this week, I realized the importance of teaching with the simplicity that an 8 year old can understand. When we teach simply, the Spirit is able to teach and we and they are able to feel the Spirit testify of truth. In order to help them dive into the scriptures more, we have been texting them questions about the chapter they have been reading. We saw miracles as they responded back and applied the scriptures to themselves. They also came to church on Sunday! I love watching people progress!!

M got baptized yesterday!!! He and 3 of his cousins(all girls) got baptized yesterday. It was the most unstressful baptism I have ever had! All we had to do was figure out the logistics of how it would work to baptize them on the same day and teach him about our Heavenly Father and Savior. We didn't have to worry about filling the font, clothes, talks, music, prayers--nothing! The only thing we had to do was make sure M was happy. It was great! The family and the ward took care of everything else. It is so wonderful when the ward is so involved and helps the missionaries have a successful and Spirit filled baptism. There were so many people there (family and friends that came to support these children) that we had to have the talks in the chapel. There were almost enough people there to be an entire other ward! We found out later that almost everyone there was related--like another familia R from Ceres! M was so happy! He was smiling more than I have ever seen him smile. He still didn't talk too much, but his smile and his mother's smile said it all! I love baptisms! I love being able to feel the Spirit! I love watching and helping others make sacred covenants! I love being a missionary!!!

I love the quote that one of the Relief Society sisters here said, "The will of God will not take you where the grace of God will not protect you"

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored church on the earth. I know we are led and guided by a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson.  I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. He is leading and guiding this work. 

Muchas gracias por todo lo que hacen para ayudar en esta obra. Gracias por todo lo que hacen para mi.  Los extrano y los quiero mucho!

Con amor,

Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment