California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

Semana 17 en Kerman


On July 7, 2014 Hermana Vanwie wrote:
Querida Familia y amigos --

We had a wonderful week! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! How grateful I am that we live in a country that allows us to worship freely!

The highlights of the week were meeting the mission president and his wife and G's baptism!

On Wednesday we got to go out on a team-up with Sister Clark (Their new mission president’s wife.). She is such a sweetheart! She is super easy to talk to and has such a desire to learn. We went and got to teach Gl and he had his interview. She is learning Spanish and as she bore her simple testimony the Spirit flooded in. It really touched the hearts of his family and all that were there. I know that the gift of tongues is real and that when we are doing the Lord's work He will always bless us. 

Thursday we got to meet President and Sister Clark officially. They talked about things that the learned at the New Mission President's seminar and things they want to focus on here in the mission. Some of those things are really working with recent converts and less actives and focusing on the temple and family history work. I love doing this! I am so grateful that I have been able to be here with two mission presidents. I love President and Sister Gelwix and everything I have learned from them. And I am grateful that I now have the opportunity to grow even more as a missionary and learn and grow in different ways with President and Sister Clark. President Clark talked a lot about our success as a missionary, "The measure of our success as a missionary will be 30 years down the road. It will be when our children and our converts' children are making and keeping sacred covenants and are serving missions." I love focusing on the eternal perspective! As we learned from them, I felt the Spirit testify to me that they are the couple that are supposed to be here serving as the mission president and his wife. They are who the Lord wants to be here following President and Sister Gelwix.

We celebrated the 4th of July on the 3rd with the ward and then we spent the 4th with the D/M family and the N family. There were a ton of fireworks! It was wonderful to be able to get to know their families better and to celebrate the freedom of our country.

G was baptized yesterday! His whole family (his father as well) came to church and stayed the entire time. They are all planning on coming next week as well. It was wonderful to have them all there! The Primary was wonderful and really helped out as well. Two primary children gave talks on Baptism and the Holy Ghost and there was a wonderful spirit there as they plainly testified of things they know to be true. As we waited for G to change into dry clothes all of the missionaries sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" to the tune of "Come, Thou Fount" and then we had a mini testimony meeting. How powerful the message of the Restoration is. I am grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel and that we have the priesthood again on the earth that allows us to make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father. G was so happy after his baptism and so was his family. I love their family!

I know that it is only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can be together forever as families. I am grateful that their family now has an eternal perspective and is focusing on the temple and making and keeping sacred covenants. 

I am so grateful for all the tender mercies of the Lord that are in each one of our lives. I love the Lord! I know He lives! I know He loves us!

Gracias por todo lo que hacen para ayudar en esta obra misional. Los quiero muchisimo! (Thank you for everything they do to assist in this missionary work. I love you so much!)

Con amor,

Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment