California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

Semana 13 en Kerman


On June 9, 2014, Hermana VanWie shared this letter:
Querida Familia y amigos,

This week Sister Miller, my companion, finished her mission and I became companions with Hermana Parra-Ortega again! We had the great opportunity to go to the farewell for all the returning missionaries and President and Sister Gelwix (her mission president and his wife) also bore their testimonies at this farewell. (They go home June 30). So many people were there! Everyone loves President and Sister Gelwix! There was such a wonderful Spirit there as 23 missionaries who are returning home bore their testimonies. 

This week Hermana Parra and I also had the wonderful opportunity to do Open Your Mouth. (This is for the missionaries who came into the mission field that morning. We go out into neighborhoods and help them get a tracting experience.) I got to work with Sister H. She is wonderful! I so enjoyed working with her and getting to know her! We saw so many miracles especially as we bore testimony of what we know to be true. It touched people's hearts and gave them a desire to listen to us. As we bore testimony and talked to everyone we saw miracles. I think the biggest miracle was in Sister H. She became more confident and realized her divine calling as a missionary. She explained to me that by opening her mouth she felt joy. At first she was so confused as to why people were changing and willing to talk to us. I had the wonderful opportunity to explain the role of the Holy Ghost and how when we are exactly obedient,  the Spirit is in our companionship and testifies with us--directly to the hearts of the people. He changes their hearts! I am so grateful that He is in our companionships! I love Open Your Mouth! I love the new missionaries!!

We found a woman named G this week. Sister G and I (we were on exchanges for a day because our companions were both going home) gave her husband a harvest blessing a few days before and Hna Parra and I went back and we met her. She is amazing! She accepted everything very readily. When we talked to her about the Book of Mormon she said, "I already know this book is true. It makes sense, so it must be true." We invited her to be baptized and she said yes. We have an appointment with her and her husband tomorrow. We are excited to help them progress!

Earlier this week we had a great lesson with G's parents and a ward member came with us. G's mother came to church on Sunday with all of her boys and the oldest passed the Sacrament for the first time in a long time! We were so excited to see the family back at church. We will continue working with his father to help him come back to church. M was also at church. It has been such a blessing to see these wonderful people increase in their testimonies and have desires to return to church and to progress in the gospel again. 

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what makes us happy. I know that our Savior lives and loves us. He wants us to be happy and will help us on our journey to return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again.

Gracias por todo lo que hacen para mi y todos los misioneros! Espero que tengan una semana maravillosa! Los quiero muchisimo! (Thank you for all you do for me and the missionaries.  I hopweyou have a wonderful week.  I love you lots.)

Con amor,  Hermana VanWie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment