California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

Semana 23 en Kerman


On August 18, 2014, Hermana VanWie wrote this:
Querida Familia y amigos --

This week was a great week! We were busy busy busy! But a busy missionary is a happy missionary. We had exchanges this week. My companion is wonderful! She is such a natural missionary. She led the area for the first time and when I came back we had a baptismal date with L! We later had a lesson with L and she is so prepared! We talked about church attendance, the sacrament, and how we can receive revelation when we go to church as we feel the Spirit just like we do when we pray and read the scriptures. She then told us that she wants to be a missionary someday and we were able to help her set that goal. She then shared with us that ever since she met us and has started reading the Book of Mormon she has had experiences of God speaking to her through the Scriptures and she has been sharing the Book of Mormon with all of her friends. She is amazing! We can't wait to get her to church!

We also had specialized training this week. Out of all of the things we talked about, two things stood out--our mission statement and the role the Atonement has in missionary work. Our mission statement in the California Fresno Mission is 1. We serve because we love Jesus Christ. 2. We know that complete missionaries are worthy, obedient, committed, and focused and serve with no regrets.  I love my mission! I love my Savior! How grateful I am to be able to serve Him and do His work. 

One of the things that Hna Jimenez and I did this week was we did language study with a member. It worked wonderfully! It helped us to get to know the member, we became better missionaries because we got feed back from the member of how we can improve our teaching, and Hna Jimenez got to practice her English. It was a wonderful experience. We plan on doing that about twice a week.

Yesterday we had a wonderful lesson with a woman and her daughter who do not have a Chrisitian background. A member came with us and she connected really well with them. We talked about who God is and His relationship with us. As we focused on helping them understand this, we could see a light of understanding come into their lives and they then asked the question that is so important--why are there so many churches.  It was so amazing to me that eventhough we had explained this before, they could not understand it because they did not fully comprehend who God is and how much He loves them. It was a powerful lesson. It was the best lesson we have had with them.

I know that God is our Heavenly Father. We are His children. He loves us! I love Him! I know that He loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to come to the Earth to suffer and die for us. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!I know they are always there for us, to listen to us, to comfort us, to guide us! How grateful I am to be able to communicate with them through prayer.

Thank you for all the love and support you give me!Que tengan una semana maravillosa y llena de milagros!

Con amor,

Hermana VanWie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment