California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

Semana 22 en Kerman


On August 11, 2014, Hermana VanWie wrote:
Querida Familia y amigos,

This week was wonderful!  After going to the temple on Tuesday, we had a wonderful Trainer/Trainee Meeting on Wednesday. It was so good to see all the other missionaries there and to be instructed and edified by the Spirit. We had some wonderful trainings about Revelation through the Book of Mormon, Revelation through Prayer, the 12 week program, correction, and how the Atonement applies to missionary work. As we were there we were also asked to reflect on what we have learned so far in the experience of training/ being trained. I am so grateful to be with Hermana Jimenez! She is such a wonderful missionary and teaches me new things every day. It is such a humbling experience working with her. I have learned so much about humility and how God does not call the qualified, but qualifies the called in the past few weeks. Truly, our Heavenly Father knows us and knows what is best for us. 

We also have been teaching S a ton this week--almost everyday!! She has such a great desire to learn! We have also gone back to using object lessons to explain things more and more. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I received in Primary and for the simple testimony I received there! How grateful I am for inspired teachers there and wonderful parents at home that helped learn and understand and apply these gospel trues. I am grateful for the activities that helped me learn as well (we have used them a lot this week). It has been amazing to see how much S has grown spiritually in just this week as she has studied and participated in the lessons and felt of the Spirit. She now has a desire to be baptized and follow the example of Jesus Christ and continue her journey to return to her Heavenly Father. We are so excited to help her continue on her journey and take the next essential step.

We also have had quite a few members come out on team-ups with us. We love having members come with us! It brings something special to the lessons.

This week my companion and I have been studying the importance of members being involved in missionary work. As I studied, I went to some of my favorite missionaries in the Book of Mormon--Alma and Amulek. Alma and Amulek were fantastic missionaries! As I studied how they worked I came across a scripture that really touched me--Alma 13: 24-25 "24 For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory. 25 And now we only wait to hear the joyful news declared unto us by the mouth of angels, of his coming; for the time cometh, we know not how soon. Would to God that it might be in my day; but let it be sooner or later, in it I will rejoice." I know that angels are declaring the word of God to those here on earth. Many may say that missionaries are these angels, but they are not the only ones. It is the members who are these angels that are declaring the word and are preparing people to accept it. Truly, when members and missionaries work together it is helping to hasten the work of the Lord. As I continued to ponder this scripture this week, we came across a wonderful Mormon Message "The Hope of God's Light" (http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3701964025001). As we watched we could feel the Spirit testify to us that each of us, can be and are more often than we know, an angel that helps bring the hope that only God's Light can give.

I know that we are the Lord's hands here upon the earth. He works through us to touch the lives of others. I know that as we listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, He will tell us what to say and what to do.  I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. They love us! They want us to return to live with them again. 

Gracias por todo lo que hacen para mi y para todos los misioneros que estan serviendo alrededor del mundo. Los quiero mucho! Que tengan una feliz semana! (Thank you for all you do to help me and all the missionaries that serve around the world.  I love you lots!  Have a great week!)

Con amor,

Hermana VanWie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment