California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Semana 34 en Ceres


Querida Familia,
      We saw miracles this week! I went on two exchanges this week. I went on an exchange with Hermana C and Hermana DLC. This week I have loved doing Harvest Blessings! I love doing Harvest Blessings even more now because it allows us to have lessons with even more people, rely on the Spirit more to know their needs quickly, and we get to invite more people to be baptized! I am so grateful I got to work with Hermana Crandall! We had a wonderful lesson with the Familia P together. Our branch mission leader came with us and it was a wonderful lesson! We taught simply and powerfully. We invited them to a church tour.
       On Friday we had a church tour with them with the branch mission leader and his wife. It was one of the best church tours I have ever had. The familia P was able to feel of and recognize the Spirit and even asked if they had to be baptized before coming to church. They are planning on coming this next week. We have a lesson with them tomorrow and we are trying to have their lesson in a member home to help them to continue to feel of the Spirit they felt while at the Church Tour.
        The day after the exchange with Hermana C, Hermana W and I applied what we had learned and saw miracles! We found a wonderful family through the guidance of the Spirit and received a wonderful referral. (a recommendation of a family to contact) We finished teaching some New Member Lessons (lessons that are taught to new members of the church to continue to help them learn and grow). That was a huge blessing. 
         On the exchange with Hermana C we also ate some of the most interesting food I have ever eaten and would rather not eat again-- chicharon (pork rinds) that was stewed in chile. It was ummm --interesting. But in her words, "On today's episode of woman vs food, woman won!"
         On Friday Hermana W and I had a wonderful lesson with the Familia O with Hna T. She is also a wonderful member missionary. We were able to find out their doubts and help them resolve them. We taught the Plan of Salvation relating it to basketball. I love relating principles we are teaching to things they know and are familiar with!
        Yesterday we experienced the baptism of two children that the other Sisters are teaching. It was wonderful! The Spirit was very strong and we were able to arrange a piece in 5 minutes of "When I am Baptized" and "I Feel My Savior's Love." It brought such a strong Spirit. I'm glad other investigators were there in order to feel that Spirit.
        I have strengthened my testimony this week that God knows the people of the areas in which we work. He knows what they need and how we can help them. He knows us and He knows them. He is counting on us to listen to the promptings of the Spirit in order to bless the lives of others. 
         I have been studying about diligence recently and how to be more diligent. As I was studying this morning I came across this scripture in Alma 32(in the Book of Mormon) Alma 32:42 says, "And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst." I love this scripture! What a wonderful promise it has! This can be applied to us as members and especially as missionaries. When we have faith and are diligent in doing all that we can in being completely diligent in doing the Lord's work, we will see miracles and be able to taste of the fruits of our labors. The field truly is white and ready to harvest, and when we are diligent we will be able to experience this harvest and help more people come unto Christ.
        I know this is the work of the Lord! I know we are an essential part of it and when members and missionaries work together we will be able to bring more souls unto Him.
        Yo se sin ninguna duda que este iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta llamado por Dios y que el restauro la iglesia y traducio el Libro de Mormon. Se que es la palabra de Dios. Estoy muy agradacida que tengo la oportunidad para servir una mision aqui en la mision de California Fresno! (I know that this is the true church.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore the church and translate the Book of Mormon.  I know it is the word of God.  I am very grateful to have the opportunity to serve mission in the California Fresno Mission.)
Thank you for your love and support! I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!
Los quiero!
Hermana VanWie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment