California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

21st Semana en Ceres - Happy Thanksgiving

Querida Familia y Amigos –
         We had a wonderful week this week that ended with a miracle--a baptism!
R was baptized yesterday by the Branch President. There was such a wonderful feeling there! He truly was ready and prepared to be baptized and he was converted. The branch was so supportive--almost all of the branch was there. He had wanted to keep his baptism a surprise for his children (they are all already members) and when he walked in all dressed in white they were all so surprised! His youngest son, L said, "Dad?!? It's you Dad?! You are the one getting baptized?!" The whole family was beaming. His oldest son was speechless and bore a beautiful testimony after his dad was baptized. R's wife was also beaming--I don't think I've ever seen her so happy! The Spirit there was truly something special.

          When R was baptized, he came up smiling and looking the happiest I have ever seen him. As I watched his baptism and glanced over at his family to watch their reactions, I felt the Spirit testify to me that he was ready to make this covenant with our Heavenly Father and that baptism is the first important step to having an eternal family. He has opened a door to having an eternal family. The closing hymn was "Families Can Be Together Forever" reminding me and them that their next step is to go to the temple and be sealed as a family for time and all eternity. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it and Heavenly Father will be helping them every step of the way. How grateful I am for the opportunity I had to experience this miracle!
           We also taught a lesson to J this week--she is planning on being baptized on the 30th--this week, but we are still waiting on permission from her mother. As we reviewed the baptismal interview questions with her, I marveled at how much she knows. As a 10 year-old she has much knowledge and has a simple testimony of the truths we have taught her. How powerful a child's testimony is. Hopefully she can be baptized this week.
            How grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that He suffered and died for you and for me! I know that He lives and that He loves us. How grateful I am for the covenant of baptism and the opportunity that it gives us to live with God again and be sealed to our families for time and all eternity. I know this is the work of the Lord! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be serving in the California Fresno Mission.
             I am so grateful for you and for your support! In the spirit of Thanksgiving-- I love the scripture in D&C 78:19. Let us all be grateful for the many blessing our loving Heavenly Father has given us!
                         I hope you have a wonderful week!   Love, Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment