California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Friday, November 22, 2013

20th Semana en Ceres y 7 Dirty Dogs!

Querida Familia--
     This week has been a wonderful week!  I had a great exchange with Hermana M. It was wonderful to stay in the same area and still have the opportunity to work with and learn from another missionary. Hermana M is a wonderful missionary! She really knows how to listen and ask inspired questions. She knows the importance of silence and allowing those we teach to feel of the Spirit and have time to think. I admire how she is always able to take her time and ask inspired questions. In our exchange we had the opportunity to do two service activities! It was wonderful to be able to serve the members. Our service project was to wash all seven of the member's dogs. It was definitely an adventure! Through doing service, we were able to help these members/less actives know that we care and really truly want to help them.The miracle we saw from this service was that the less active family came to church! It was wonderful to see this family working again at coming closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior.
      This Sunday we also had a great lesson with R. He is getting baptized this week! He is ready now and is very excited to make this step in his life. He understands the covenant he is about to make and knows that it will help both him and his family. What a wonderful opportunity it is to see this progression and this change.
     In the zone meeting we also talked about how we can help the members in our area use Preach My Gospel and become Preach My Gospel Member Missionaries. Since this zone meeting we have done the family mission plan using Preach My Gospel three times and the members are very excited about it.
     Last night we visited with a member in the branch presidency and discussed the importance of using Preach My Gospel. He then related a story that was a testimony builder for me--that when he first joined the church he began using Preach My Gospel to prepare to go on team-ups with the missionaries. However, as he was studying he began to see his testimony increase and his conversion to the gospel grow. I know that Preach My Gospel is a wonderful tool! It is for missionaries--ALL missionaries and that includes all the members. Every member is a missionary and as we are working more and more in this work together, missionaries and members need to know the doctrines that are taught in Preach My Gospel. How grateful I am for Preach My Gospel!
     I am also very grateful for inspired leaders. After a conversation with our district leader, I have reflected on what I have learned thus far in my mission. Here a few of the things I have learned: 1) Our Heavenly Father is always aware of us and works in mysterious ways in our lives. 2) As we look for the hand of the Lord in our lives (or tender mercies) we are happier. 3)The Atonement is an enabling power--it allows us to change and do hard things. 4) I cannot do things by myself--I need my Heavenly Father's help. 5) God has a plan for me--it is specifically designed for me--to help ME learn and grow. 6) We are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and each of us has Divine Potential.
       How grateful I am for the gospel and our loving Heavenly Father!
Espero que tengan una semana maravillosa!  ( I hope you have a marvelous week!)

                                                   Los quiero! Con amor,
                                                                        Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment