California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Monday, October 14, 2013

14th Semana en Ceres

Querida Familia—
            This week has been a wonderful week full of instruction. We set two baptismal dates this week with part of the Familia R. We are very excited to be working with this family! They are a part member family and part of a very large family. The lessons we had with them this week allowed Hermana W and I to work together and share our views on how lessons went and how we can better help our investigators. We have been able to come closer together as we have been working together and teaching together more.
            (This weekend the church held a Conference in Salt Lake City where the Prophet, Apostles and other leaders spoke.  It is called General Conference and is Broadcast throughout the World.) From General Conference I learned the importance of using the (church) members in this work of Salvation more than ever before. The members are the keys to bringing souls closer unto Christ
            We also had a wonderful lesson with two families this week. In both of these lessons we sang a hymn. This is something that I haven't done consistently since being out in the mission field. But as we sang and bore testimony of the truths these songs taught and related them to the members' lives, hearts were touched and they committed to come to church this next week. I know as we use our talents to further the work of the Lord the Spirit will testify through us and touch people's hearts.
We also received 2 new investigators--a mother and a son named A and K. They are so prepared! I am grateful for the Lord placing prepared people in our paths as we make sure to be exactly obedient and follow the promptings of the Spirit.  I know this work truly is the work of Salvation!  I am seeing more and more everyday how the Lord is truly hastening this work. It is so amazing to me that a year ago so many young missionaries were given the opportunity to serve now. How wonderful it is to think that so many--now 80,000 missionaries answered the call or were already serving. How grateful I am that the Lord has given me and so many of my friends the opportunity to serve Him at this point in our lives. I love General Conference! Please watch it if you haven't already. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God!  Thank you for all of your love and support!  Have a wonderful week!
Love,  Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment