California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Monday, October 21, 2013

16th Semana en Ceres

Querida familia--
           This week my companion, Hermana W, and I have been working on a list of members in our area. We have been trying to contact them and invite them back to church. As we have been working on this list we have been able to see the hand of the Lord in the work in our area.
             We had a wonderful lesson with a member named E who has been less active for quite some time now. This lesson was truly directed by the Spirit. Going into the lesson we had no idea how to help her. Under the direction of the Spirit we ended up talking about covenants and we read the Sacrament prayers with her. We helped her remember that she has covenanted (made promises) with the Lord to always remember Jesus Christ, take His name upon her and keep His commandments. We discussed how living worthily and coming to church is a big part of this promise and through partaking of the Sacrament we renew these sacred covenants. I know that through following the Spirit we are able to help her learn. She now knows the importance of coming to church. As we continue visiting her with branch members, we know that she will come back to church.
            We also had a great lesson with the Familia A this week. We have been reminding them every night to read their scriptures and it has been working. They have been reading! When we had a lesson with them we continued to read with them and even their children wanted to be involved. They also came to church this Sunday--the first time in a long time! I am so grateful for their desire to attend church and come closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior. As we continue to work with their family and their extended family, we know that little by little their family will feel of the Spirit and have a desire have an eternal family.
             We also had a wonderful lesson with two investigators--A and K. We taught the first part of the Plan of Salvation (God’s plan of happiness) to them and they understood and believed everything. She said she would love to be baptized but that she wants to learn more. We are so excited to help her gain more knowledge. She reads the Book of Mormon almost every day and so does her son. They both agree with what we are teaching them and are so excited to learn more. Right now the only thing that is holding them back is that she works on Sundays. She is trying to get Sundays off so she and her children can come to church. We are so excited by their progress and are so thrilled to have the opportunity to teach them.
            I know that our Heavenly Father is aware of each and every one of our needs and that He is watching over us every day. I know that through the strength of the Lord we can do all things. How grateful I am for the power of the Atonement in my life! I am grateful for the power it gives me to do hard things. I know that my Savior lives! I know that families can be together forever. How grateful I am for that knowledge!

"Eternas pueden ser las familias, por el divino plan. Yo quiero heredar el celestial hogar con la mia por la eternidad, por toda la eternidad." (“Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father’s Plan.  I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can – the Lord has shown me how I can.”  This is the chorus of a song from our children’s songbook entitled, “Families can Be Together Forever”)

Thank you for all of your love and support! I hope you have a wonderful week! 
Los quiero mucho!  Love,  Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment