California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Monday, September 23, 2013

12th Semana en Ceres -- Transfers and ASL

Querida Familia--
     This week has been a very busy last week of this transfer. (Missions are divided up into 6 week segments called transfers. Anne has been in her current area for two transfers.)
     Hna PO (her companion) and I have been working with the Spirit and have been finding in new places in our area. We recently discovered another part of our area that has people that are so prepared to hear the gospel. We are so excited to start working in that part of the area and help bring those people to Christ.  I have loved working with Hna PO and have learned so much from her! She has helped me develop more patience, humility, and determination. Her dedication to the work of the Lord is inspiring and I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to work with her.
      I am also very excited to begin working with my new companion, Hna W. (I start working with her on Wednesday) I am excited to get to stay in Ceres and continue to strengthen the relationship our companionship has with the branch leaders, members, and investigators. Our branch is also getting another companionship--so we will have 3 companionships--6 missionaries in our branch(2 elders and 4 sisters).
     This week we saw miracles as we made sure to do our two hours of finding. One day we did 2 hours straight of Harvest Blessings (tracting). In these two hours we met many prepared people. One of these people was a woman named D. She is deaf, but can sign and read lips pretty well. It was an amazing experience for me as I was able to remember enough ASL from when I was in Primary to tell her we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and testify to her that I know that our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ love her and they have a plan for her. How grateful I was for the Spirit that through Him I was able to recall the sign language I learned years ago.
      After these hours of Harvest Blessing, we taught a wonderful lesson with L--a mother of a recent convert. We invited her to be baptized and she agreed! The Spirit in that lesson was so powerful. She has been going through some hard times right now. But, as we listened, we were able to know what we needed to say. During that lesson we kept on testifying and testifying and testifying. After we invited her to be baptized and she agreed we sang "I Am a Child of God" which brought the Spirit even more and testified to her that what she has decided to do truly is the first step to following Jesus Christ. She is getting baptized this Sunday and her husband is so supportive and is now more interested in what we have to say. I know baptism will help her in her life and that the Gift of the Holy Ghost will help her have a constant comfort and guide in her life. 
     I know Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I am realizing more and more that sometimes we must be brought low and struggle in order to turn to Him and allow Him to bring us higher. I love this work! I love the Lord! I know the feelings we receive from the Holy Ghost when we are in church and read the Book of Mormon testify that this church is true! Thank you for your all of your love and your prayers! I love you all so much! Les quiero mucho!
Hermana VanWie
 
P.S. Pictures are of the Zone and then of all of the missionaries that are in our branch right now

 

No comments:

Post a Comment