California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Monday, August 26, 2013

8th Semana en Ceres

Here is Hermana VanWie's short note from Ceres today.  She is safe from the fires which are farther south near Yosemite.  See new pictures too!

Querida Familia y Amigos --
      This week has been wonderful and I went on an exchange with Hermana Van Wagoner. She is so wonderful! She is a great sister training leader! (a female missionary who helps train other missionaries) I learned so much from her about how I can help my area and progress in my potential as a missionary. She also helped me to learn how to improve my language skills and further my progress in Spanish. Hermana PO and I have already starting implementing some of the things we learned on our exchange and are seeing much progress.
       We had another 2 investigators at church yesterday--I and R! I loved Sacrament meeting (the main Sunday church meeting) and is planning on coming back with her husband next week. R loves church--especially Priesthood meeting (Sunday meeting for men). We also talked with him after church about the possibility of his son, R Jr. baptizing him. He loved that idea and said that he would like his son to do that when he get baptized. A(who came to church last week) is excited about church and baptism again and her husband has a desire to learn more. She is so prepared to be baptized! We have another appointment today with her. We also had a miracle lesson with her husband--we taught on his doorstep for 45 minutes with no lesson plan but we ended up teaching him the importance of forever families and the plan of salvation just by having a conversation--that is the most effective kind of teaching.
      I love the verse in Alma 37:44 (in the Book of Mormon). I love how it says that if we "give heed to the word of Christ....[it] will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss." I know that we can receive this eternal bliss by following the example of our Savior and listening to the Spirit. Let the Holy Spirit Guide, let Him teach us what is true. I know that we can learn so much from the Spirit if we will just listen.
       I love you all so much.  Thank you for being great examples to me.
                                                     Hermana VanWie

Picture 1 -- MTC companions reunited
Picture 2 -- With Hermana Parra-Ortega in their Apartment with Bikes
Picture 2 -- At Hermana Conference in Fresno

No comments:

Post a Comment