California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Monday, November 17, 2014

Semana 36 en Kerman . . la ultima semana!

Hermana VanWie wrote this as her final mission email today, November 17, 2014. Thank you so much for your love, support and prayers in her behalf over the past 18 months.  She will be speaking in church this Sunday, November 23rd, at 11:00 am and will share some of her mission experiences.  We would love to have you join us.  It is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints located next to the D20 Stadium.  We will also be hosting a "welcome home" open house for her this Sunday at our home, 3865 Orchard Dr. from 4:30 to 6 p.m. We hope you can join us!

  Querida Familia y amigos --

Sorry this letter is a little late.....we went to part of Yosemite today with some members.
                I loved this week! I love being a missionary! I love teaching with the Spirit! I love watching the light go on in people's eyes when they understand and they just "get it." I love speaking Spanish! I love my companion! I love being in the California Fresno Mission! I love watching people's spiritual progression and recognizing my own! I love the temple! I am so grateful for this week! Truly all the things I love about the mission were all combined into one week!  There were a few main experiences that highlighted my week: J, M, and going to the temple.
               J told us on Monday and Tuesday that he wants to get baptized as soon as possible!! He invited his mother to be baptized with him, which was super exciting! They said they will talk, think, and pray about it. They will tell us for sure tonight (they just got back from Mexico). I am so grateful that the Spirit has worked in his heart as he has attended Primary. Truly attending Primary is what has aided him to be ready to be baptized. As I have played in Primary occasionally, I have come to know as well that the Spirit in Primary is very special and that we are taught sacred simple truths there.
                We had a miracle with M this week. We found M by going to visit some members that had been coming to mind recently. When we arrived she was there taking care of their father. The two sisters quickly invited her to join us and we began to get to know her and talk about the Restoration. It was a Spanglish lesson, but the Spirit was so strong. At one point, M began to cry. She was so filled with emotion and happiness. I know that the Lord placed her in our path and as we did what the Inspired Vision of the mission is, we were able to find her.
                  I loved going to the temple! I came to understand even more what my Heavenly Father thinks of me and how happy He is with the work we do as missionaries. I felt so loved and that He knows me so individually. I know that He knows me and that He loves me. As I sat in the temple I came to understand a quote, "When a missionary is placed in a mission environment of order and discipline where all that is done there is in harmony with the Spirit, the missionary experiences a great transformation. The heavens open. Powers are showered out. Mysteries are revealed. Habits are improved. Sanctification begins. Through this process the missionary becomes a vessel of light that can shine forth the gospel of Jesus Christ in a world of darkness." -Elder Bradford (Oct 1981). Reflecting on my mission in the temple, I was able to identify parts of this quote in me and that I have come to know my Savior and my Heavenly Father and learned to do their work.
I know that God is our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is His Son. He is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I know They live. I know They love me. They love you. I know because They love us, they created a plan that allows us to not only return to live with Them again, but to live with our families for eternity. I know the way we can do that is through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel (the teachings) of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that he restored the church of Jesus Christ to the earth once more. I know that the church is led and guided by a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I know he has been called of God. I know the Holy Ghost testifies of truth and because of the Holy Ghost I know that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw when he said, "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description,standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" The feeling that comes as those words are read and/or said is the Spirit. I know through that same Spirit that the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God and testifies of Jesus Christ with the Bible. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. I know as we live the principles taught within its pages we can draw closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. My testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ has been strengthened as I have studied it in the scriptures, heard about it from Apostles and Prophets, taught about it to others, and as I have learned to apply it in my life. I know with all my heart and soul that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He lived and died for me and for you. He knows me and understands me perfectly. He know how to help me overcome my challenges. He will lift me up when I turn to Him. His Atonement is Infinite and Eternal. It cleanses us from our sins and from our short comings. It allows us to forgive ourselves and others. But even more so, it allows us to become the people that our Heavenly Father sees us becoming. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and we can reach our divine potential. We can do hard things. And we can become better everyday. I know that the way we can apply the Atonement is through understanding who God is and who we are to Him. I know we are His children and He loves us. Because of this I know that this life is a time to learn and grow. As we learn and grow we make mistakes and as we realize these mistakes we also come to realize the necessity of a Savior. I know as we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, we begin to change because we want to be more like Him. As I have taught and studied about the Atonement I have learned that is enables us to do good and serve beyond what we think we can. I know the Atonement allows us to change and do hard things. I am so grateful for the Atonement. I love my Heavenly Father! I love my Savior! I love the Book of Mormon! I love this work! I know it is the work of the Lord and I know as we share the blessings of knowing the teachings of Jesus Christ with those around us we are more fully filled with love from our Heavenly Father and Savior. How grateful I am that we can share these blessings with others for all of our lives as member missionaries and not just as a full-time missionary.

                Que tengan una semana maravillosa! y que Dios les bendiga! Les quiero mucho!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana VanWie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment