California Fresno Mission May 2013 to November 2014

Monday, July 15, 2013

2nd week in Ceres,

Querida all --
 
I don't have a lot of time this week so I will try to write quickly.
 
This week I went on a split (when missionaries exchange companions to learn from others) that turned into an exchange (changing companions for the day) and an exchange. The split was with 2 other sisters that are also being trained. We worked up in Modesto and taught 7 lessons! It was amazing! We all taught together and taught equally. It was amazing to see that when we are expected to speak and no one else is there to help us with the Spanish, that we are still able to teach. I learned so much from those sisters about how to teach more effectively!
 
The other exchange was down in Turlock. I worked with a sister who has just been doubled-in to the area (assigned to share an area with other missionaries)  so I learned about the importance of being organized and gaining the trust of the members. I also learned about how difficult it is to open an area or be doubled-in to an area. That was an eye-opener for me and made me very grateful for the area I am in right now with a trainer who is familiar with the people and the area.
 
This week in our area we received 2 new investigators--S and M. M is the mother of a less active member and she is ready for baptism, but she needs to come to church and she works on Sundays. We are hoping and praying that she can change the day that she has off to Sundays. She has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the gospel. We are still getting to know Santiago, but there was a special spirit there in the lesson we had with him.
 
C did not come to church on Sunday. But, we have a meeting with her and her husband and her cousin tomorrow. So we are hoping she will come to church after that. She invited us to her son's birthday party on Saturday and we went. There we met her entire family and she introduced us to everyone. She had told everyone about what she had learned from us and how excited she was. It was an amazing experience and we are so excited that she wants to share the message of the gospel with her family!
 
This morning we had a neat experience about how the Lord works in the details of our lives. We took a little longer getting out the door to go running this morning which was unusual. Then when we were coming back we just came back the way we came instead of making a loop. Neither one of us were quite sure why, but then we ran into F who we talked to and now have an appointment to teach him later this week. What a blessing!
 
I know that the Lord cares about all the details of our lives. I know that He watches over and protects us as we strive to follow the example of His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families and can change our lives for the better. I love this gospel! I love this work! I love all of you! Thank you for all of your love, prayers, and support!
 
Love,
Hermana VanWie

No comments:

Post a Comment